Tuesday 26 June 2012

Kiss kiss..!

I've been trying out a new style of drawing and painting that's different to my usual style. I usually paint using gouache, or I use a digital pen and Photoshop on the computer. I usually work in a very painterly style with lots of shading. I wanted to try and break away from this and try to work in in a much simpler, direct style.

I decided to try and draw a sort of 'fashion' style illustration, so I used a photograph of a models face from a magazine as my source material. I drew in the main features, leaving out any shading.

This is what I came up with... Not sure if she looks slightly cross-eyed! 

My final artwork.




 I began by drawing a pencil sketch, then I re-worked this in Photoshop, here's my original pencil sketch, so that you can see how I've changed it. (I made the eyes bigger, rotated the face a bit and changed some of the dimensions of the face slightly).


No comments:

Post a Comment