Wednesday 15 May 2013

Blue Hydrangeas Cross Stitch

I've finally finished sewing the blue Hydrangeas cross-stitch design from Veronique Enginger's book 'L'Herbier du Jardin au Point de Croix'... it's only taken me well over a year to stitch it... well, the shades of blue were very similar, so that's my excuse!

My stitching
Cover of book by Veronique Enginger
Close up of my stitching
 Now I'm wondering what to do with it.. I've got some lovely fabrics in shades of blues so I was thinking I might make it into a cushion with a patchwork style border. Patchwork seems to be quite fashionable lately and well I can't say I'm an expert but I could make a simple square border to frame my stitching..a bit like the patchwork quilts below..

Blue and white quilt

Blue hydrangeas are such lovely flowers - the blue is quite unusual in flowers and you can't go wrong with a blue and white colour scheme :-)



Close up of Hydrangea flowers

Blue and white china

These are my fabrics that I'm thinking of using for the patchwork border:

Shades of blue
I found the fabric below in a charity shop and was thinking I could maybe incorporate this into the patchwork - it's a tablecloth and it's got little printed crosses on it that imitate cross-stitch. It's very sweet - but maybe I'll save it for something else, I'm not sure yet....I might stick to a totally blue and white colour scheme, I'll see how it works out!

Imitation cross-stitch on old tablecloth

One last lovely blue and white image... :-)

Hyacinths and blue and white china


2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. I was just looking at your hydrangeous cross stitch and I'm wondering "did she ever finish it?" I'd love to see what you did .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, I finished stitching the cross stitch part of it, but still haven't got around to making it up into a cushion... but your comment reminded me about it! I'm going to a stitching group soon, so I think I'll see if I can take it along and do something with it - I've just got to find it first... I can't remember where I put it! I've usually got various sewing projects on the go and sometimes I forget where I've put stuff!

    ReplyDelete