Monday 22 July 2013

London Snaps

On a trip to London to see the Kaffe Fassett textiles exhibition I walked along the Thames by the south bank. I walked from London Bridge down past The Globe Theatre and on to the Tate Modern - so I decided to post a few of the photos that I took along the way..

I didn't realise that the Shard building is pretty much right on top of London Bridge station!

The Shard




London Bridge
'The Gherkin' and London skyline
London does look great on camera - you can't really go wrong, can you?!

I took a couple of photos of reflections in some tower block windows - I like the way the angles of the glass windows reflect the light  and make it confusing as to what is the wall and what's the reflection of it...

Reflections
And this one reflects London life... the river, buses and all the nearby building work. I like the way the bus and the person in the window are confined to the top right of the picture, as if they are in mid-air....

Angles..

Whilst wandering along the south bank past Southwark Cathedral I came across a brilliant market under the railway arches: Borough food market. The smaller section, the 'Green Market', had lots of little stalls selling freshly cooked food and some lovely cakes, smoothies and coffees etc. There was some really yummy food and it had a really buzzy atmosphere - but I guess if you live locally you know all about it...

Borough Green Market
 I had a vegan burger and a vegan banana and date flapjack in the grounds of Southwark Cathedral and soaked up the atmosphere :-)

Borough Market.    




Then I walked down past St. Pauls and past The Globe Theatre, stopping off at the Tate Modern, where I'm ashamed to say, I went straight to the gift shop, haha! ...Well it was late and I was tired ....and I wanted to buy a poster and a few postcards before heading home! ;-)

St. Pauls and The Millenium Bridge     


Bridge across The Thames






No comments:

Post a Comment